Certificate Of Non-Residency Spain?

Yes, a foreign non-resident in Spain can open a bank account. To do so, they must take an ID document (normally a passport) and a certificate of non-residency to any of our branches. Other documents may be requested according to the product they wish to contract.

  • Your Santander branch will inform you of the characteristics of the current account that best suits each person;
  • To get a Certificate of non-residency , the person must go to their closest Police Station or Foreign Office with their passport and the relevant forms and pay a fee;

If the person is abroad, they can apply for the certificate at a Spanish Consulate. The certificate takes approximately one week to be issued and is valid for three months. If you do not live in Spain and would like to know more about the non-residents account, click here.

Is Padron proof of residency?

✅ How to Enter Spain with a Tourist Visa and Get the Residency

A Padron Certificate is official proof of address and shows that you do live in Spain. We are advising all our clients who are registering for the first time as residents, to get on the Padron as soon as possible.