City In Ne Spain On The River Ebro Dan Word?
- Víctormanuel Paz
The crossword clue City on River Ebro in north-east Spain with 8 letters was last seen on the April 28, 2019. We think the likely answer to this clue is ZARAGOZA. Below are all possible answers to this clue ordered by its rank. You can easily improve your search by specifying the number of letters in the answer.
|94%||ZARAGOZA||City on River Ebro in north-east Spain|
|3%||RENO||City north of Carson City|
|3%||TEESSIDE||Industrial region in North East England|
|3%||WIND||East, West, North or South, in mahjong|
|3%||LITTLEROCK||City on the Arkansas River|
|3%||UTICA||City on the Mohawk River|
|3%||RALEIGH||City in North Carolina|
|3%||EBRO||River of Spain|
|2%||ANO||Year in Spain|
|2%||ESCAPE||Holiday in Spain on southern peninsula|
|2%||AMES||City north of Des Moines|
|2%||HANOI||Largest city on the Red River|
|2%||ASSAM||Black tea from north-east India|
|2%||EURO||Currency in Spain|
|2%||MOSCOW||Flash barge for city on river|
|2%||NOPE||Work in north-east? The answer’s in the negative|
|2%||OMAHA||City in Nebraska, on the Missouri River|
|2%||PEDRO||Peter, in Spain|
|2%||AMOR||Love, in Spain|
|2%||GOUDA||City east of Delft|
Refine the search results by specifying the number of letters. If certain letters are known already, you can provide them in the form of a pattern: “CA????”.
- Significant Parts Of Family Budgets Crossword Clue
- At First, Organising Lunch Etcetera Is Problematic: There’s A Roll For Us Crossword Clue
- “You’re A Winner!” Email, Often Crossword Clue
- General Assembly Figure, For Short Crossword Clue
- ‘All My ,’ Arthur Miller Play Crossword Clue
- Bloc That No Longer Includes Great Britain, For Short Crossword Clue
- “The Thin Man” Canine Crossword Clue
- Western : History Class, Briefly Crossword Clue
- Was On Top Crossword Clue
- Venture Capitalist, E. G Crossword Clue
- Tom Yum Soup Cuisine Crossword Clue
- Tapenade Fruit Crossword Clue
- Stager Of Live Shows Crossword Clue
- Spanish Hundred Crossword Clue
- Some Towed Cars, For Short Crossword Clue
- Rum Brand With A Pirate Logo Crossword Clue
- Roomy Family Car, For Short Crossword Clue
- River That Made Achilles (Mostly) Invincible Crossword Clue
- Pricey Watch Brand Crossword Clue
- Prefix In Some Genre Names Crossword Clue
- Marks, As A Ballot Crossword Clue
- Lo : Noodle Dish Crossword Clue
- Like Some Off Price Merchandise: Abbr Crossword Clue
- Like Raw Celery Crossword Clue
- Judge Featured In A Season Of “American Crime Story” Crossword Clue
- Intimate Meeting With An Important Person Crossword Clue
- Hotel Pricing Information Crossword Clue
- Hoarder’s Heaps Crossword Clue
- Ed Who Plays Santa In “Elf” Crossword Clue
- Garden Of Genesis Crossword Clue
- Dirt Road Furrow Crossword Clue
- Didn’t Mind One’s Own Business Crossword Clue
- Chills Inducing Crossword Clue
- Birch Who Had A Recurring Role On “The Walking Dead” Crossword Clue
- Bills Included With Some Board Games Crossword Clue
- “Country Nation” Singer Paisley Crossword Clue
- “All “: John Legend #1 Song Crossword Clue
- “Top Gun” Moniker Crossword Clue
- Trans Person’s Pronoun Pair, Perhaps Crossword Clue
- *Gown For A Presidential Ceremony? Crossword Clue
- Trauma Centers: Abbr Crossword Clue
- Record Holder? Crossword Clue
- Product For Carpet Stains, And A Theme Hint Crossword Clue
- Outset, Slangily Crossword Clue
- One Born In The Early 2010s, In 2022 Crossword Clue
- Moving Vehicle? Crossword Clue
- Move In Together, With “Up” Crossword Clue
- Knee Tissue, For Short Crossword Clue
- Interval Of Three Whole Steps, In Music Crossword Clue
- Eye Part, Or Something Over An Eye Crossword Clue
We found 1 solutions for City On River Ebro In North East Spain. The top solutions is determined by popularity, ratings and frequency of searches. The most likely answer for the clue is ZARAGOZA. With crossword-solver. io you will find 1 solutions. We use historic puzzles to find the best matches for your question. We add many new clues on a daily basis.
What is the relative location of the Ebro River?
|Ebro Catalan : Ebre|
|The Ebro River in Zaragoza|
|The Ebro river basin|
|Region||Cantabria , Castile and León , Basque Country (autonomous community) , La Rioja , Navarre , Aragon , Catalonia , Valencian Community|
|• location||Fontibre , Cantabria , Spain|
|• coordinates||43°02′20. 80″N 4°24′10. 59″W / 43. 0391111°N 4. 4029417°W|
|• elevation||1,980 m (6,500 ft)|
|• location||Mediterranean Sea, Province of Tarragona , Catalonia , Spain|
|• coordinates||40°43′12″N 0°51′47″E / 40. 72000°N 0. 86306°E Coordinates : 40°43′12″N 0°51′47″E / 40. 72000°N 0. 86306°E|
|• elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||930 km (580 mi)|
|Basin size||80,093 km 2 (30,924 sq mi)|
|• average||426 m 3 /s (15,000 cu ft/s)|
|River system||Ebro basin|
|• left||Nela , Jerea , Bayas , Zadorra , Ega , Arga , Aragón , Gállego , Cinca , Segre|
|• right||Oca , Oja , Tirón , Najerilla , Iregua , Cidacos , Alhama , Jalón , Huerva , Martín , Guadalope , Matarranya|
The Ebro ( Spanish and Basque pronunciation: [ˈeβɾo] ; Catalan : Ebre [ˈeβɾə] ) is a river of the north and northeast of the Iberian Peninsula , in Spain. It rises in Cantabria and flows 930 kilometres (580 mi), almost entirely in an east southeast direction. It flows into the Mediterranean Sea forming a delta in the Province of Tarragona , in southern Catalonia. In the Iberian peninsula, it ranks second in length after the Tagus and second in discharge volume , and drainage basin, after the Douro.
Why is the Ebro river so important in Spain?
Flow volume [ edit ] – The valley expands and the Ebro’s flow then becomes slower as its water volume increases, flowing across Aragon. There, larger tributaries flowing from the central Pyrenees and the Iberian System discharge large amounts of water, especially in spring during the thawing season of the mountain snow.
What is the Ebro Delta in Spain?
Why wasn’t Portugal conquered by Spain?
The delta [ edit ] – The Ebro Delta (Catalan: Delta de l’Ebre ), in the Province of Tarragona , Catalonia , is at 340 km 2 (130 sq mi), or 20km² less, one of the largest wetlands of the western Mediterranean. Designated a Ramsar site , it has entirely grown on soils washed downriver—the historical rate of growth of the delta is demonstrated by the town of Amposta. Recorded and thus confirmed as a seaport in the Roman Warm Period in the 4th century, it is now well inland from the mouths.
- The rounded form of the delta attests to the subsequent balance between sediment deposition by the Ebro and removal of this material by wave erosion;
- The modern delta is in intensive agricultural use for rice, fruit (in particular citrus), and vegetables;
The Ebro delta also has numerous beaches, marshes, and salt pans that provide habitat for over 300 species of birds. The Ebro delta was classified as a wetland area of international interest by Spain’s Bureau Mar in 1962. Since a phased-introduction law (1983 to 1986) Spain has designated 7,736 hectares (29.
How is the Ebro River connected to the monasteries of Seville?
History [ edit ] – In antiquity , the Ebro was used as the dividing line between Roman (north) and Carthaginian (south) expansions after the First Punic War (264–241 BC). When the Roman Republic , fearful of Hannibal ‘s growing influence in the Iberian Peninsula, made the city of Saguntum (considerably south of the Ebro) a protectorate of Rome, Hannibal viewed the treaty violation as an aggressive action by Rome and used the event as the catalyst to the Second Punic War.
One of the earliest Cistercian monasteries in Spain, Real Monasterio de Nuestra Señora de Rueda ( lit. ‘Royal’ Monastery of Our Lady of the Wheel), is located on the banks of the Ebro in Aragon. Established in 1202, the edifice survives intact.
The monastery is strongly connected to the Ebro, since it used one of the first large waterwheels built for the production of power in Spain. The monastery also diverted flow from the Ebro to create a circulating, hydrological central heating system for its buildings.
- The Ebro in 1938 was the starting ground of one of the most famous Republican offensives of the Spanish Civil War;
- Known as the Battle of the Ebro , the offensive ended in defeat for the Republican forces, although they enjoyed success in its first stages;
They were not able to reach their objective of Gandesa.