How To Go On The Paro Spain?

How To Go On The Paro Spain

El Paro (unemployment benefit) – In order to claim El Paro (unemployment benefit) in Spain, you must have contributed to the system and the amount that you receive is dependent on various factors. El Paro can be claimed from 4 months up to a maximum of 2 years , depending on the contributions accumulated during the previous 6 years. To qualify:

      • You must have a social security number (número de seguridad social).
      • You must have worked for a minimum of 360 days over the last 6 years as part of a contract – The 360 days doesn’t have to be continual or for the same employer.
      • You must have lost your job involuntarily – this includes, your contract not being extended, being fired or your hours being reduced by more than a third.
      • You must be registered as a job seeker for the entire period in which ‘el paro’ is received.

How much is the unemployment benefit in Spain?

If you are looking for a research position – click here UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS To receive the unemployment benefit in Spain, you must have contributed to Social Security for a minimum of one year (360 days). This contributory period gives you the right to receive benefits for 120 days (4 months).

  • You must also prove that you are actively seeking employment;
  • These benefits can be claimed by going to the Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal (SEPE, Spanish State Employment Service), an autonomous body that currently reports to the Ministry of Employment and Social Security;

For further information, visit their website. Beneficiaries The Spanish State Employment Service benefits and subsidies are available to workers from the EU, the EEA (European Economic Area) or Switzerland who reside in Spain. They are also available to workers from other countries who reside and work legally in Spain. How To Go On The Paro Spain Unemployment benefits. Source: Social Security Classroom. Current model and previous. Secretariat of State for Social Security, Madrid, 2012 Exporting unemployment benefits If you are receiving unemployment benefits in any European Union or European Economic Area (EEA) country or Switzerland, you may continue to receive them in any other EEA country (for example, Spain) while you are looking for work here. However, certain requirements must be met:

  • Such benefits can be received for a maximum of 3 months, except in Portugal, where workers may receive full payment for the entire period they are due.
  • You must have been registered with the Public Employment service in your country of origin at least one month (4 weeks) before.
  • You must notify said Public Employment Service of your actual departure date and register with the Spanish State Employment Service within 7 days of departing from your country of origin.
  • You must bring the completed U2/E303 form with you from your country of origin (the form depends on the country of origin).

Important: the formalities may take up to 2 months, so you should begin the process far enough in advance.

  • You should also bring the U1/U301 form (depending on country of origin) completed by the Public Employment Service in your country of origin, since if you ever receive the unemployment benefit in Spain, the contribution periods in your country of origin will be taken into account (there is an agreement with Australia which takes into consideration the contributions made there).

The opposite is also true: if you are working in Spain and you end up unemployed, you can complete the reverse formalities to receive unemployment benefits in any other EU/EEA country or Switzerland. For a list of the public employment services in the EU countries prior to expansion, visit the website. Amounts received The amount received as unemployment benefit is established according to the average salary for which you have made contributions (not counting overtime) during the 6 months prior to becoming unemployed. The amount of the benefit cannot be less than:

  • 80% of the Multiplier for the Public Income Index (IPREM) plus 1/6 (the proportional part of the extra payments), when the worker does not have any dependent children.
  • 107% of the IPREM plus 1/6 (the proportional part of the extra payments), when the worker has at least one dependent child.

Maximum limit. The maximum amount of the benefit is based on the number of dependent children the beneficiary has.

  • Without children, it is 175% of the IPREM plus 1/6 (the proportional part of the extra payments).
  • With one child under the age of 26, it is 200 % of the IPREM plus 1/6 (the proportional part of the extra payments).
  • With two or more children under the age of 26, it is 225 % of the IPREM plus 1/6 (the proportional part of the extra payments).

An amount equivalent to 10 days will be deducted from the first subsidy payment and paid with the final payment. While receiving the benefit, the worker will make Social Security contributions for 100% of the amount of the corresponding payment, which will be deducted from the benefit. For more detailed information, visit their website at https://www. sepe. es/contenidos/personas/prestaciones/ distributiva_prestaciones. Losing unemployment rights There are several reasons for which unemployment benefit rights may be suspended:

  • Working for another person or being self-employed while receiving the unemployment subsidy.
  • Failing to renew the employment request at the Spanish State Employment Service on the established date.
  • Rejecting a job.
  • Failure to participate in social collaboration work, employment schemes or professional promotion, training or re-training.
  • Failure to visit the collaborating employment agencies or to submit the certificate of having visited them.
See also:  How Much Time Needed On Passport To Travel To Spain?

Further information: Benefit Offices The Government guarantees social benefits through several entities assigned to the Ministry of Employment and Social Security and the Ministry of Health, Social Services and Equality. The National Social Security Institute (INSS) is the state managing body responsible for dealing with all Social Security benefits, except non-contributory pensions, unemployment and the Special Plan for sea workers. Further information by contacting: National Social Security Institute C/ Padre Damián, 4 y 6 28036 Madrid (Spain) Tel.

During the first 180 days of unemployment, you will receive 70% of that average and then 50%. Minimum limit. html. : (+34) 91 568 83 00 The Institute for the Elderly and Social Services (IMSERSO) is the Social Security management body responsible for managing non-contributory pensions and providing social services that complement those provided by the Social Security System in relation to people with disabilities, the elderly, refugees and migrants.

All IMSERSO responsibilities have been transferred to the Autonomous Regions, except in the autonomous cities of Ceuta and Melilla. Further information by contacting: Instituto de Mayores y Servicios Sociales (IMSERSO) Avda. Ilustración s/n. , con vta. a c/ Ginzo de Limia, 58 28029 Madrid (Spain) Tel. Its main duties include:

  • Managing and controlling unemployment benefits.
  • Maintaining databases that guarantee the public registration of offers, demands and contracts, maintaining the occupational monitoring centre and generating statistics on employment at the national level.
  • Conducting research, studies and analysis on the state of the job market and tools for improving it, in collaboration with the respective Autonomous Regions.

Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal (SEPE) Calle Condesa de Venadito n. 9 28027 Madrid (Spain) Tel. : (+34) 901 119 999.

How do I apply for benefits in Spain?

What are you entitled to and how can you apply for it? – If you are completely unemployed, the unemployment benefit entitles you to:

First 180 days From day 181
70% of the calculation basis 50% of the calculation basis

The amount of the benefit may in no case whatsoever be higher or lower than the set limits, depending on the number of family members who are dependent on the unemployed person.

Without children With children
Minimum amounts 80% of the IPREM , increased by a sixth (€527. 24 a month) 107% of the IPREM , increased by a sixth (€705. 18 a month)
Without children With one child With two children
Maximum amounts 175% of the IPREM , increased by a sixth (€1,153. 34 a month) 200% of the IPREM , increased by a sixth (€1,318. 10 a month) 225% of the IPREM , increased by a sixth (€1,482. 86 a month)

In the event of unemployment due to losing a part-time job, benefits are calculated in proportion to the reduction in working hours. Minimum and maximum limits are reduced proportionally, after applying the same percentage that results from hours worked divided by the usual company hours. The duration of benefits, which varies between 120 and 720 days, depends on the length of time for which the person paid their social security contributions during the previous 6 years.

These benefits are managed by the Servicio Público de Empleo Estatal , SEPE (State Public Employment Service). The first step to obtaining the benefit is to register as a job seeker in one of their offices and, once there, apply for the benefit within two weeks after you become legally unemployed.

You can also apply online, through the sede electrónica del SEPE.

How do I check my Paro?

You can check online what the status is of your application for paro / unemployment benefits. You need a digital certificate installed on your computer for access, or a [email protected] Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation.

Is there social welfare in Spain?

Maternity care, maternity benefit and child benefit in Spain  – Employees and some self-employed women are eligible for paid maternity leave ( Permiso de la Maternidad ) from the date of the birth (and occasionally before) or the official decision on adoption or fostering.

You will be paid a daily amount, which will be 100 percent of your average daily wage in the month before maternity leave started, for 16 continuous weeks. Unless you are under 21 years old, you must have paid social security contributions for a specific period beforehand, for example, women over 26 years must have paid at least 180 days in the past seven years or for 360 days in all your working life.

Fathers who have paid similar contributions may apply for paternity benefit, which has similar conditions. To apply you need to contact your local  INSS. If your job poses a risk to your pregnancy and you have to leave work, you may be eligible for a maternity risk benefit of up to 100 percent of your wage, starting from the day the employment contract ends.

What benefits can I claim in Spain?

How long does unemployment last in Spain?

Benefit Amount and duration [ edit ] – The unemployment benefit is paid for a minimum of 4 months and maximum of 24 months, based on the period that the unemployed person has contributed.

Contribution period (in days) Benefit period (in days)
From 360 to 539 120
From 540 to 719 180
From 720 to 899 240
From 900 to 1,079 300
From 1,080 to 1,259 360
From 1,260 to 1,439 420
From 1,440 to 1,619 480
From 1,620 to 1,799 540
From 1,800 to 1,979 600
From 1,800 to 2,159 660
Over 2,160 720

The benefit amount is based on the most recent 180 days salary with both a minimum and a maximum amount. The average daily salary of the last 180 days is multiplied by 30 to arrive at a monthly benefit base. The monthly benefit amount is 70% of the monthly base for the first six months of unemployment and 50% of the monthly base for additional months, unless limited by the minimum or maximum amounts allowed.

  1. The base amount is supplemented if the unemployed person has dependent children;
  2. A dependent child lives with the recipient and is either under age 26 or 26 or older with a disability of 33% or more;
  3. A child may not be a dependent of multiple unemployment recipients;


Can English people claim benefits in Spain?

UK Benefits In Spain – What Social Security Benefits am I Entitled to When Living in Spain? As it may take some time to  obtain  Spanish residency, the first main question is, what UK benefits entitlement can you expect when living in Spain? BREXIT: Receiving UK Benefits in Spain after December 31, 2020 There will not be any changes before December 31, 2020, to the rules on claiming any UK benefits in Spain and other parts of the EU, EEA or Switzerland due to the UK leaving the EU.

  1. If you are living in Spain before December 31, 2020, you can continue to receive your existing UK benefits;
  2. This will continue as long as you live in Spain and continue to meet eligibility requirements;
  3. If at any point you work and pay into the Spanish social security system, the social security contributions that you paid into the UK will be taken into account when you apply for any Spanish contribution-based benefits;

This will also apply if you claim contribution-based benefits in Spain after December 31, 2020. The information below is only a guide, and whether you receive any benefits in Spain will very much depend on whether you were a resident before December 31, 2020, or whether you will be moving abroad permanently or temporarily.

For example, you may continue to claim some benefits if you are moving abroad temporarily for 13 weeks or 26 weeks if you are going for medical treatment. If you are in any doubt, please visit the following page from the UK government, where you can select the benefit you are interested in and find out if you can claim.

https://www. gov. uk/uk-benefits-abroad Can I Receive a UK Pension in Spain? As many who will migrate to Spain are retirees, it is important to note that the  UK basic state pension is available in Spain. It should be noted that this applies only if you have lived, but not worked in Spain.

However, if you have worked in Spain previously, the pension must be applied for through the  Instituto Nacional de Seguridad Social  (the Spanish equivalent of the Social Security Administration). The following link provides you with a list of your local INSS offices in Spain.

https://www. seg-social. es/wps/portal/wss/internet/OficinaSeguridadSocial Can I Get UK Disability Benefit or Personal Independence Payment in Spain? If you are aged between 16 and 64 you may be able to receive the new PIP ( Personal Independence Payment ) (Formerly Disability Living Allowance/DLA) while living in Spain. Eligibility To be eligible to claim PIP you will need to be aged between 16 and 64 years of age and have a disability or health condition where:-

  • You have had difficulty in everyday living or getting about (or both) for at least 3 months.
  • Expect your conditions to persist for at least another 9 months. (Unless you are terminally ill and have less than six months to live)

You may also claim PIP if you are also:-

  • Living abroad in the EU, EEA or Switzerland
  • Are a member or family member of the armed forces.

The amount that you can receive when claiming PIP and DLA ranges from  £23. 20 to £152. 15 per week. How to Claim PIP You can make a PIP claim by calling the PIP Claim Line below. DWP – PIP claims You may also apply in writing to the following address. You will then be sent an application form. Personal Independence Payment New Claims  Post Handling Site B  Wolverhampton  WV99 1AH How to Claim DLA for Children To make a DLA claim for a person under 16 years of age, you will need to download and complete the form at https://www.

  • If you are claiming for someone under the age of 16, you will need to claim  DLA for Children;
  • gov;
  • uk/government/publications/disability-living-allowance-for-children-claim-form Or you may call the DLA helpline at Disability Living Allowance  Telephone: 0800 121 4600  Textphone: 0800 121 4523  Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm Once you have called the claims line or requested the application form in writing;

You will need to complete it and send it back. You will then be invited to attend a meeting to discuss your claim or if outside of the UK your health or social care worker will be contacted to obtain the necessary information. Attendance and Carers Allowance If you are over 65 and have a severe disability and need someone to look after you, you may also be entitled to  Attendance Allowance  to help with the costs. Attendance Allowance is paid weekly at two different rates which are:-

  • Lower rate – £60. 00 – If you require frequent help or constant supervision during the day, or supervision at night
  • Higher rate – £89. 60 – If you need help or supervision throughout both day and night, or you’re terminally ill

It is important to note that you are only entitled to Attendance Allowance if you are going abroad for  up to 13 weeks or 26 weeks  if you are getting medical treatment. To see if you are eligible, please see the further information page below for Attendance Allowance. If you have sufficient disability to require a carer, they may also be entitled to  Carers Allowance  at £67. 60 per week. How to Claim Carers Allowance https://www.

carersallowance. service. gov. uk/ui-citizen-claim/allowance-benefits Further information can be found at PIP –  https://www. gov. uk/pip DLA for Children –  https://www. gov. uk/disability-living-allowance-children   Carers Allowance –  https://www.

gov. uk/carers-allowance   Attendance Allowance –  https://www. gov. uk/attendance-allowance Can I Get Child Benefits From the UK if I Live in Spain? In some cases, a UK citizen is entitled to receive child benefit in Spain as long as the child is below 16 years of age (20 years if they are continuing their education) and you are either a Crown Servant or are currently paying your National Insurance in the UK.

If you already receive a form of child benefit in the country in which you are living and it is less than the UK child benefit, this can be topped up to match the UK child benefit. It is also worth noting that if you are leaving the UK temporarily for up to 8 weeks for example for a holiday, your child benefit will not be affected and you will not need to inform  HMRC.

If you are leaving the UK to seek medical treatment abroad for you or your family, you should be able to continue to receive child benefit for up to 12 weeks. Likewise, if you are leaving due to the death of a family member abroad, you can also receive child benefit for up to 12 weeks.

If you are leaving the UK for more than 52 weeks then you may still qualify for child benefit and may be dependent on whether you are going to be living in an EEA country or whether you are already receiving UK national insurance-related benefits.

Other rules also apply and depend on where you live and work. If you are in any doubt, please contact HMRC for clarification. For further information, please visit the HMRC page at  https://www. gov. uk/child-benefit-abroad Can I Receive Unemployment Benefit While Living in Spain? According to the UK’s Foreign Commonwealth office, unemployment benefits can only be claimed if one has been working in Spain and paying tax contributions.

The necessary forms can be found at any employment office in Spain, and one should also state any prior contributions that may have been paid in the UK. Can I Receive UK Tax Credits When Living in Spain? There are a few conditions where this is possible.

If you are either a Crown servant working abroad or a cross-border worker, tax credits may be possible. Alternatively, if you are currently receiving a state pension or have a child under 16 (20 if in university), you may also be able to claim. More detailed information including individual stipulations can be found at https://www.

gov. uk/tax-credits-if-moving-country-or-travelling/you-live-outside-the-uk Can I Continue To Receive Universal Credit In Spain Many people who were previously receiving tax credits are now being moved to Universal Credit which rolls all benefits into one payment.

Although Universal Credit cannot be claimed by those who live abroad permanently, you can continue to receive it for up to four weeks if out of the country. This may also be extended to six months if you are travelling abroad for medical care or convalescence, or if you are accompanying your partner or child for treatment.

Contact your case manager for advice. What Other Benefits Can I Expect to Receive? You can qualify for statutory sick pay if you have been off work for more than 4 days and this pay is provided by your employer.

This must be applied for before leaving the UK and will provide financial assistance for up to 28 weeks. Statutory maternity pay is also a possibility however, once again this payment must be applied for before leaving the UK at least 15 weeks before a mother is due to give birth.

  1. An employer is legally obliged to write within 28 days to confirm the approval;
  2. Further details on SMP can be found at  https://www;
  3. gov;
  4. uk/employers-maternity-pay-leave Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) is unavailable if your stay is permanent;

It would then fall under the Spanish contribution-based system, as we will see shortly. A  winter fuel allowance  was previously available, but is no longer the case as the average winter temperature in Spain is higher than in the UK. Which UK Benefits am I Unable to Receive in Spain? There are several UK benefits that you cannot apply for under any circumstances when living in Spain.

These include Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, Pension Credit, Income Support and Means-Tested Incapacity Benefit. If you are still unsure as to whether you can claim any of the above when living in Spain permanently, you can use the following page and select the benefit to see if you are eligible.

https://www. gov. uk/uk-benefits-abroad/y/going_abroad Just select which benefit you are interested in obtaining and follow the steps.