Non Resident Bank Account Spain Online?
- Víctormanuel Paz
Can i open an online bank account? – Yes, it is possible for non residents in Spain to open a bank account without phisically going to the bank offices. If you are not in Spain but want to open a bank account anyway, we recommend you look at different online banks like Revolut or N26.
Can a non-resident open a bank account in Spain online?
Yes, a foreign non-resident in Spain can open a bank account. To do so, they must take an ID document (normally a passport) and a certificate of non-residency to any of our branches. Other documents may be requested according to the product they wish to contract.
Your Santander branch will inform you of the characteristics of the current account that best suits each person. To get a Certificate of non-residency , the person must go to their closest Police Station or Foreign Office with their passport and the relevant forms and pay a fee.
If the person is abroad, they can apply for the certificate at a Spanish Consulate. The certificate takes approximately one week to be issued and is valid for three months. If you do not live in Spain and would like to know more about the non-residents account, click here.
Can I open a bank account online in Spain?
Open a bank account even you are not living in Spain – Yes, you can apply for a resident’s bank account online. In some cases, you can also apply for a bank account as a non-resident online. Either way, you will need to visit a branch or meet with a financial advisor to submit the paperwork. In order to that you will have to follow the next steps:
- Enter the bank’s website: Access the website of the chosen bank and follow the guidelines for opening an online account. In many cases you will be offered the possibility to download the app (Ibercaja, CaixaBankNow or Imagin Bank app, among other examples).
- Fill in the customer form: Hand in a copy of your ID card and fill in your address, telephone number, email address, account type and number of account holders.
- Validation of the data and identification , either by means of a video selfie, a photograph, with the account number of another bank or by means of a messenger who will come to your home.
- Description of the economic activity: Fill in the details of your annual income, current occupation, professional activity or company name and address (in the case of an account of this type).
- Download and signature of the contract: Once the data has been validated, the contract will be sent to your bank account by e-mail. The signature is done by entering the verification code sent by the bank via SMS to your phone.
- Creation of the access passwords: Both the passwords to enter the account and the passwords you will use to carry out other banking transactions.